Saturday, October 13, 2012

Amity interview (part 1) and Boston

Well, I have completed the first day of the group interview for Amity. I feel it went pretty well. There was only nine of us and for the first part it was a presentation about Amity, the company, what to expect salary wise, challenges, life in Japan ect. Before the presentation we did an ice breaker exercise just to get everyone used to each other. The presentation did take a couple of hours but there were breaks in between to make it more bearable and the administrator was very nice and welcoming so that made the interview and the presentation go a lot faster and there wasn't as much stress and tension.

After the presentation, we had a short test that tested our grammar skills. I won't lie, the spelling part was kind of challenging because I rely on spell check so heavily that my spelling skills have gone to shit but I got through it. There's also a sentence part were you have to circle what part of the sentence is grammatically incorrect and explain how some words are used in English like the difference between "Put on" and "wear"

After the quiz we had a break for lunch after we broke up into two groups for presentations. I was in the group that went first and everyone in my group was really friendly and showed a lot of energy. We all helped each other out with our presentations and I felt that the environment was really inviting and friendly. I felt my presentation was average and I could have done more to make it more interactive in order to get the kids moving more and keep their attention but all in all I felt because of the energy of my group and my preparation it went pretty well. After your group is finished presentations you are allowed to leave and wait for a phone call that night to see if you are invited to a personal interview the next day.

I got the call for the personal interview and I will have that at 8 am tomorrow.  

For Boston, I feel that the weather is really cold here...and the drivers are really aggressive. They do come of as rude in some instances and I feel that's a real turn off for me. I'm sure a lot of other people have had very nice experiences with the people here in Boston but for me personally I don't really care for the city that much. Even though the whole experience isn't so bad because I'm here with my mom and she always has a good time where ever she is and has the ability to put a smile on your face. I'm really glad I came here with her. 

 

No comments: